HOUSEHOLD PAINT RECYCLING
Do you need to rid of household paints, old car batteries and used oil? Dispose of them sustainably by dropping them of to participating Dulux, Resene, Repco and Supercheap Auto Stores.
Resene accept the following products:
- Waterborne paints/primers/sealers/stains, must be in easily legible original labelled/printed packaging*
- Solvent borne paints/primers/sealers/stains, must be in easily legible original labelled/printed packaging*
- All protective coatings two packs and hardeners produced by Resene or Resene Group companies
- All polyurethanes.
- All textured coatings produced by Resene or Resene Group companies
- All mineral turpentine, paint thinners, raw or boiled linseed oil, tung oil, methylated spirits and solvent borne brush cleaners.
- Resene Strip-Off paint stripper.
- All Resene empty tinter cans.
- Automotive and marine paints, stains or clears produced or sold by Resene or Resene Group Companies
- Maximum pack size is 10 litres for non-Resene product
Excludes commercial quantities. Some store may not accept certain products, so please call first to check. A small fee may apply to non-group branded items.
*Original labelled/printed packaging is accepted if rusty provided it is in the original packaging, the product description and handling information are still easily legible, and the contents match the packaging.
Please ensure lids can be easily removed for checking. For health and safety reasons, if the lid cannot be removed easily and safely the item may be rejected. Due to DG requirements, there is a volume limit of recycled paints/stains that Resene can hold at one time. At times Resene may not be able to accept products and may ask you to return them on another day. Resene PaintWise reserves the right to refuse any returns.
For more information on the Resene product stewardship scheme visit https://www.resene.co.nz/comn/envissue/paintwise-acceptance.htm
Dulux accept the following products:
- Architectural/decorative paint coatings, in plastic or metal packaging,
- Water based paints, must be in original labelled/printed packaging
- Solvent based paints, must be in original labelled/printed packaging
- All empty Dulux tinter cans
- Rusty metal containers containing paint are acceptable, provided that it is in original packaging and label/ printing is legible and they are not leaking
- Most water-based and solvent-based paints are accepted – some exceptions apply
- Maximum pack size for non-Dulux product is 20 units
Excludes commercial quantities. Some stores may not accept certain products, so please call first to check. A small fee may apply to non-group branded items.
For more information on the Dulux product stewardship scheme visit https://www.dulux.co.nz/applicator/services/dulux-paint-take-back-service